Sunday, May 2, 2010

No Really, I'm Cool

So, I’ve noticed that the blog roll seems to slow down to an almost complete halt on the weekends. I assume that’s because all you bloggers are major socialites and too consumed by your busy party-going schedule to sit down, write, and publish a blog. Or…

Maybe, like me, you’ve noticed the slowdown and don’t want to be that loser that actually has time to post something on the weekend. I’ve literally thought, “Oh. No one else wrote a blog. Hmmm. Maybe I should wait and post mine on Monday so people think I’m as cool as they are.” Yup, I’ve actually waited.

But today, since I’ve had a very lazy day (expect for those few hours when my mom and sister came over to help me pack all my clothes with those plastic bag things that you suck all the air out of with a vacuum – those are awesome!) intermittently tackling Wuthering Heights, I’ve had some serious downtime to check facebook, not read any blogs cuz no one posted any, and decide that I’m gonna just go ahead and post this SOB. On a Saturday night. Cuz I’m actually really cool and really well-liked and sometimes all that pressure just means I have to stay in on a Saturday, turn off my phone, and just breathe. Man, I wish that was true.

On a side note, I missed this week’s “Peace Corps Thursday” so I thought I’d share the fact that my entire life now fits into two suitcases on my bedroom floor. Surreal. My few worldly possessions that I could not take with me are tucked away at my parents house and my very precious stack of DVD’s will stay with my friends though I made sure to label them so they don’t become a part of their overflowing collection. DVD stealers.

I can’t believe I have one week left. A week from today I will have my Going Away party with about 40 family and friends. Because I have to be at the airport the next morning at 5:00am, my friends and I decided we would party the whole night through. I’ll get on the plane bound for Philly sleep deprived and more than likely hungover. Can’t think of a better way to leave the states than with a bang.

Well, there you have it, the rare and elusive Weekend Post. You’re welcome.

My whole "life"


Proof - Empty closet

-Age

6 comments:

  1. Now's the feeling of, "this is for real."

    It's so exciting. And I say bring on the weekend posts! We need more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, the blog roll does slow down (or stop) on weekends. Post away if you're able. I try to keep it up when I'm able and I love to read others that do as well. Some weekends you just want to stay in. :)

    It is crazy to see all your bags packed, wow, it's really coming up soon. You're going to have SO many awesome stories to share, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now I feel lazy. I haven't even started packing yet. Are those the only two bags you are going to take with you to Bulgaira?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a week you say? Incredible! I'm proud of you. Is that weird? I guess we've never met before, but in a way that a blogger friend can be proud of a blogger friend, I am. Definitely. You'll be stupendous. And I'll also miss reading your posts as often (I'm guessing Bulgaria and your duties will disallow you spending your same previously enjoyed amount of time on the internet, or das web, or whatever it is they call it there [I actually tried to look up "internet" in one English-Bulgarian online dictionary and it said "no entry found." "Wooooah, ominous," I thought and didn't even try to search another one because it seemed cooler to think they didn't even have a word for it.])

    Anyway Uber Good Luck and bon voyage and may TSA not hassle you about your interest in visiting the former communist bloc. "Peace Corps, you say? Never heard of it." [Adrienne locked up by airport security.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, man. I'm seriously gonna miss you guys! Which is weird, kinda like Brian said, cuz I've never actually met any of you but I am going to miss reading about your thoughts and lives on a daily basis. You are great, sweet, and damn funny people! Hopefully I'll be able to catch peices here and there. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything