Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Remember to Chew Like You Have a Secret

So, what’s with Amanda Bynes?

You know, the Amanda that started off as a quirky little girl on All That? The Amanda who then went on to star on the surprisingly hilarious show What I Like About You? The Amanda who has brought tears of laughter to many through her not-as-romantic-so-much-as-comedies? I miss that Amanda. She was so great.

Now, she looks like this:



And poses for this:


WHAT?!?!

When did this happen? Why did this happen?

Does she really think she has to sexify herself to morph into some grown-up actress stereotype? We have way too many of those as it is. Case in point:








She was a breath of fresh air. She was sweet and cute and funny with a capital BWAHAHAHAHAAA! You know?

Remember She’s the Man? With the hot guy with all his hotness right up in this area:


(I know, I’m a total hypocrite)

Now, that was a great movie. I can watch it over and over again. And you know what? She is comic genius. I’m not afraid to say it. Genius. I am a huge fan of Steve Martin and Brian Regan and my all time favorite comedian/awesome person is Bill Murray so I would never use the term comic genius lightly but that’s exactly what this girl is, brilliance wrapped up in a slightly gangly little bow.

We need Amanda Bynes back. In fact, we need more Amanda Bynes’s. Bynes’? Byners? Whatever. We need the opportunity to laugh our aces off with someone who is not afraid to make funny faces, act silly, and generally make a fool out of herself…and look hot doing it!

Yes, Amanda, you are a beautiful girl and don’t you forget it. You do not need to tan, lift, pluck, enhance, dye, airbrush, take-off, put-on, squeeze in, or stick out for anyone. Just stay the funny girl you’ve always been and we’ll be here for ya, ready and more than willing to laugh.



That’s better.

-Age

10 comments:

  1. Oh my God... I totally agree! I grew up watching the Amanda Show and its all that! I hate the way she's become now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im totally with you, but if you look at every pop star that has come out of Disney (Im waiting for it to happen with Miley Cirus) they all went down that road. I think the world is way too sex-crazed as it is. If everyone just learned to control their hormones and keep their pants on, the industry wouldnt need to push out new sex icons like candy bars on a conveyor belt, let alone at all!!! Im just saying, it is ridiculous, which is why I have a soap box about it! So Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Aamanda Bynes went from adorable to sex kitteny. At least there's always Zooey Deschenel and Amanda Seyfried to stay adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree!! I loved She's the Man - it's just harmless fun. And funny. I don't know where sexpot Amanda Bynes came from, but she's not standing out at all in this sea of sameness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kanwalful - I forgot all about the Amanda Show. See, she was giving SNL a run for their money (not really, but) that just further proves that she is one funny girl.

    Ryan - Well said. I love soap boxes. And your conveyor belt analogy was spot on...kinda wish I'd thought of it actually.

    Meghan - First of all, I think I did something stupid when you changed websites and now you don't show up on my reader which sucks - I'm gonna have to fix that so I don't miss anything. Also, I love those two girls - particularly Zooey - she does redeem hollywood at least a little.

    Maria - sea of sameness...again, I wish I'd thought of it first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ashamed to say I own every episode of "What I Like About You."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree, I've always loved her. What I Like About You is one of my favorite shows and I love her adorably cheesy movies like What a Girl Wants and Sydney White. I was SO disappointed to see her Cosmo cover in which she had the fake blonde hair trying to look sexy. She is amazing because of her goofy, down-to-earth feel. That's what made her stand out from the crowd of fake, no-talents out there. I hope it's just a minor phase inspired by out of touch publicists and that she'll soon return to the Amanda we know and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah. That was a little weird and I didn't have Nickelodeon as a kid.

    That said, she's pretty hot in the picture eating the chicken wing.

    Can I say that? She was probably embarrassingly young when that picture was taken. I withdraw my statement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, that may have been inappropriate plus the sentence in general was a little odd but...

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything