Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Wish I Knew the Bulgarian National Anthem, Come to Think of It, I Wish I Knew Bulgarian

So, this is going to be a short post. I've barely had time to register the news and excitement but I finally know which country the Peace Corps is sending me to, what I'll be doing, and when I'm leaving!!!

Bulgaria, Primary (Elementary) English Training, May 10th

When I opened the package in front of a bunch of friends they started pounding the table and shouting Bulgaria! Bulgaria! They wanted to lift me up on my chair and dance me around the room because they thought it was probably something they do there...I said no thanks. The last thing I need is a concussion when they A) drop me or B) bang my head on the ceiling. But I very much appreciated the enthusiasm.

I haven't yet told my parents who you know aren't as excited about this adventure as I'd hoped but I will tomorrow and I have no doubt they will be wonderfully supportive.

My next step is to completely overwhelm myself with as much information as possible so that I can forget it all the second I step off the plane in a country that cannot be prepared for by google. I am so excited. So nervous. So unsure and yet absolutely sure all at the same time!

I don't know the future of this blog but I hope, no, pray that I will continue to share my experiences here with you.

PEACE!


-Age

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have an amazing time! :)
    Nothing like adventures to make life a little more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! That is so awesome! I hope you can still blog! And May 10th is going to come up before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way congrats.

    While you're there, see if you can find that Bulgarian school of Dark Arts from the Harry Potter books!

    Soo cool. I think I found Beauxbatons while I was in France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nahl - thank you! That's exactly how I feel - I'm all for adventure!

    No One - I know! I really hope I can keep blogging too - the internet access is tricky, it's seems like it's different for each community. I'm crossing my fingers though :)

    Brian – Thank you! Also, you’re such a dork…and I know exactly what you’re talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm so happy for you and I know it's going to be an amazing experience. I do hope you can find a way to keep blogging because I know your updates will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything