I was reading through an old notebook tonight and found this (please enjoy my awkwardness, someone should):
I was talking to someone recently that I hadn't known for very long when I said, "I'll just have to keep this up for the rest of our lives." Realizing that this sounded creepy, I decided to do my usual awkward thing where I keep talking to try and fix it but only succeed in making it far worse. The rest of my ramblings went as follows...
-That sounded creepy. As if we're going to get married or I'm stalking you or something.
- I don't do that.
- I mean, I stalk, of course. I'm just not ready for a lifelong committment as far as stocking is concerned.
- No offense, I mean, maybe someday, if I follow the right person home, it'll really be forever.
- We can 'go pick out curtains' together as they say.
- One's that look good from the inside and the outside.
-Age
Hilarious!! I can totally picture this conversation, because I have ones like this all the time. All you do is end up digging yourself deeper and deeper. Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteExactly! Sometimes I seriously don't know when to stop talking. Though, most of the time it's just boring and the person I'm talking to is only pretending to listen which is when I tell myself, "Shut up! Shut up!" But I usually don't.
ReplyDeleteI do this all the time, I love hearing others share this tendency. :P
ReplyDelete