Monday, February 8, 2010

Adventure Saturday

Over the past several weekends, my friends and I have started what we call "Adventure Saturdays." We made a list of all the fun things we would do like: Hike the Bridge to Nowhere, visit the Getty Museum in LA, try to find, and complete, an obstacle course, among others.

This past Saturday, we had tickets to see Mary Poppins the Musical which was awesome (I have a big, fat crush on Bert but who doesn't?). But before the show we went to Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary art (aka LA MOCA) and the Disney Music Hall because they were both right across the street from the Ahmanson Theater.

Here's what we saw:







It's a big, mosaic rose fountain made from broken bits a blue China, so pretty.



OK. So, I thought this was french and it made me really curious until my friend, Charlie, told me it stood for Los Angeles Department of Transportation. Um, duh.





The only thing the Getty and LA MOCA have in common

Yup, that's a Jackson Polluck. Jealous?

I think this one was my favorite

Andy Warhol! There was a Campbell's soup can but they wouldn't let me take a picture of it.




So, overall, very fun weekend and I haven't even found out if I won money from my Super Bowl pool!

-Age

3 comments:

  1. Those are some really stunning photos! I love the idea of an Adventure Saturday, except my town is so boring that I don't know how many adventures we could really take! I'm sure if I was creative enough, I could think of some things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool, and what a fun idea. I love your photos, esp. the Andy Warhol. Sounds like it was definitely a fun adventure Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always an adventure to be had though...living in Southern Cali definetely helps.

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything