So it’s Peace Corps Thursday. Oh, wait. Nope. It’s Friday. Sorry ‘bout that. Too busy yesterday. Too busy today too but I really wanted to share the exciting news!
First, through this blog I have met three girls: Kate, Alexa, and Alexandria that are also going to Bulgaria with the Peace Corps on May 10! That means we will probably meet during orientation and train together for those first three months in Bulgaria. I’m excited to already know some people!
Secondly, I received my staging information. All this time I was so sure that my orientation would be in Washington DC. Turns out I’m going to Philly. Can’t tell you how excited I am about that. We all know It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
I’ll be there for two days to be oriented and turn in all my paperwork. From there we will drive over 2 hours to fly out of JFK. Weird, I know. But I’m kinda looking forward to the drive. I’ll get to see a lot of America before I leave it for two years.
Then it’s hours and hours and hours of flying and poor sleep with a quick stop in Munich before I finally arrive in Bulgaria!
So, this is really happening. I think it’s a good sign that while I was reading the email I was also grinning from ear to ear.
The more I read about the Peace Corps and about current and past volunteers the more intimidated I become. But I also look forward to the challenge. I want to make the same kinds of long-lasting impacts that other volunteers are making. I want to push myself farther than I’ve ever been pushed before. I wanna sweat and cry and scream and come out of this knowing I gave it my all and I really made an impression on the world. No matter how small.
I can’t wait.
-Age

I'm incredibly excited for you! This is going to be such an amazing adventure for you and how great that you're already going to know some people?!
ReplyDeletePraying for you!