So, I might be famous.
I went to The Improv in Ontario last night. The place that’s always on Comedy Central where really funny people like Gabriel Iglesias, Brian Regan, and Ellen Degeneres crack us up with their comic genius.
The comics there that night were just OK (a little raunchy for my taste) BUT...they were filming that night. They had a camera man, sound guy, and lady-director with a ponytail and baseball cap and everything! However, they weren’t filming for Comedy Central, they were filming for the Discovery Channel.
What?
I know, but it’s true.
The host (some dude that used to be in a band but who no one cares about anymore) is a recovering sex addict (sober one year – if by sober they mean having sex with only one woman, his girlfriend, who was there and passing out sex toys. Yup.) The Discovery Channel is making a show about famous people recovering from addiction so they had a camera crew floating around shining bright lights in people’s faces.
You may be asking, how does this make you famous? That's coming, don't you worry.
A famous DJ in the area, Jimbo from K-Cal, was being celebrated that night for the money he's raising for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I was right behind him. Which means that every time the camera panned to him my face was right in the background!
Famous!
The thing is, when there’s a camera in your face, what exactly are you supposed to do? Smile at it? Wave? Ignore it and pretend it’s not there? I personally opted for the last one. I just smiled up at the stage and pretended that the camera wasn’t pointed in my direction. It was very awkward.
But then.
But then I turned around to make a “that joke was really funny” face to my friends and when I turned around the camera was literally inches from my face. Pointed right at me. I could have licked the camera man (I didn't). I've decided to take some pictures to show you what that was like. Enjoy.
This is the look on my face right when I turned around, before my brain had a chance to acknowledge the bright light in my eyes and fuzzy microphone under my chin:
This is what I looked like a split second later when my brain realized, “Oh crap! There’s a camera in my face!”
This is what my face looked like when I decided that the face I was making probably wasn’t very flattering and I should change it.
Again, very awkward. But, like I said,
FAMOUS!
-Age
adrienne you already are famous!!! you dont need a recovering sex addict on discovery channel...
ReplyDeleteHAHA, very funny! And cute faces :)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks guys!
ReplyDelete