Friday, April 23, 2010

Peace Corps Thursday!

I’m going to copy a post idea for this edition of Peace Corps Thursday from my friend Alexa over at Peace, Love…and Bulgaria.


Things I’ll Miss:

Long, hot showers

Seeing my friends every day

The babies from my work

Getting pedi’s with my mom

Friday lunches with dad

Jeans (I’m very sad about this)

Flip flops

The Office

Complete independence

Being an articulate speaker of the native language

Ice-cold, filtered water

Baker’s burritos

Calvary Chapel Sunday Service

Boozing it up after a long week (Ironic, I know)


Things I won't miss:

The unrelenting desire to do something more impactful with my life

(This was such a good idea, Alexa!)

-Age

6 comments:

  1. They want us to bring professional clothing only. They said one pair of dark jeans would be OK for very casual days but even in our training we have to dress business professional. I live in Southern Cali, it's super casual here. I wear jeans literally every day so what I'm gonna miss most is that daily fashion staple no so much the jeans themselves. I'm gonna be slightly uncomfortable for the next 27 months. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay im glad you found some inspiration from my post. Everything we will miss does not even compare to the amount of joy that we will get out of this experience.

    However, I have heard that PCVs wear jeans all the time. Nice jeans with nice tops. So dont fret too much. Are you bringing a lot of black pants/skirts? What will be your typical biz professional outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, i think i am going to also post this on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think, the things you miss will just be that much more appreciated when you return! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good way to look at it, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything