Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blessings Abound

With the latest crisis in Haiti, I’ve been thinking about my life and how blessed I really am. The Bible says that the Lord will not give us more than we can handle. I live a pretty unproblematic, simple life in Sunny Southern California with amazing friends and family that will always take care of me so I think…God must not think I can handle very much. This line of thinking helps to keep me humble and to be a Counter of Blessings. Literally:

Blessing #1:
I work at a daycare and one of the parents works for the Department of Public Health. She set me up with an appointment to get my booster shots for my Peace Corps physical without having to pay! It would have cost over $100 otherwise!

Blessing #2:
My dentist (James Jesse DDS) offered to give me a check-up, make copies of my x-rays, and fill out the Peace Corps paperwork for free! Free!

Blessing #3:
My best friends are letting me rent a room for $300 less a month than I was paying before so I can save $$$. Plus, they’re awesome and living with them is going to be a lot of fun!

Blessing #4:
I just had some espresso frozen yogurt.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me so much. He loves you too.

Here's a list of ways you can help with the crisis in Haiti (via It's Unbeweavable): HERE!

Tell me about the different ways you've been blessed lately. Leave it in the comment section.



-Age

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post, I've been trying to do the same and remember how blessed we truly are. I am personally blessed with an amazing support system of incredible family and friends. Good Health. Despite my current difficulties with being unemployed I am blessed with unemployment benefits that allow me to keep my apt and car while I work to secure a new position. It is so crucial to remember that no matter how bad things feel like they are, there is always hope and potential for good to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, there's always hope for the future. Good luck with your job search - I hope you get something soon! I'll pray for you. Way to have a positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything