We had a visit from the Peace Corps Medical Officers today. We talked about how to stay healthy and about potential health concerns. Mary and I also found out that we have fleas. Yup, we're flea buddies. I only have a few bites on my lower legs which makes me think that they hop on when I'm walking through the streets and fields, have a quick snack and then jump off. I don't think they're in my room or clothes or anything. Though I sprayed the crap out of my room with bug-repellent just in case. Fleas. Sheesh. Apparently that pretty common in small farming villages like this one so I might as well get used to it. Maybe I'll start a circus, you know, to make a little money on the side.
We also got free bicycly helmets (cuz riding a bike without one could actually get us kicked out of the Peace Crops, yikes!) and tampons. Yeah for free tampons. Apparently they have a limited supply and when the PCMO's stash is gone we have to fend for ourselves and scour all of Bulgaria in order to find them. They are not common. But, as you can see, we're pretty excited about it. Bug repellent, tampons, helmets, and a water purifier. Doesn't get better than that.
I have more to say about the medical and health issues. Namely the medical kit that was given to all of us. My silly computer won't let me upload those photos right now for some reason but, oh, they're comin'! And you should be looking forward to it cuz that medical kit is full of fun goodies that I cannot wait to show you. Get excited.
This is a really fun acticity we did in language class the other day about My Ideal Man or Идеален мъж ми. I circled tall, dark, and handsome at the bottom. I also circled Al Pacino (circa 1980-something). I've got "very nice and smart but a little bad" as well as "around 30-years-old" and "charming and funny." I think that's a pretty good list concidering my limited Bulgarian.
No comments:
Post a Comment
There's always more to say about everything