Monday, June 28, 2010

2 Men. 1 Vespa.

Now, I've only been to 2 countries in Europe, Italy and Bulgaria, so my experience is a bit limited but there have been 2 pretty constant themes I've noticed among European men.

The first being:
Their need to acknowledge the fact that they find a woman attractive.
There are several ways a European man can go about this but the most popular seem to be: a whistle, a honk (if they happen to be driving by), or a shout out of some kind.

The second is:
Two men. One Vespa.

These two things alone may seem unrelated but in fact, when combined, they are one of my favorite things about this part of the world. When two men on one Vespa drive by and either honk or whistle in my general direction I always think, "Really?"

In their minds they must imagine I'm thinking, "Man, if you weren't straddling another dude right now, I'd totally be all over that!"

Nothing says sexy like two men holding tight to one another traveling at a moderate speed.

In other news, we have only 3 weeks left of Pre-Service Training and then it's off to Sofia to be sworn in as real volunteers and to redeem our adulthood!

Here's what the agenda looks like for these next 3 weeks:

1) Plan and teach 2 weeks of Summer School
2) Plan and Conduct a community meeting with the Mayor, City Council, and School Director
3) Identify community needs
4) Create a community project to help fill those needs
5) Write a project proposal
6) Implement said project
7) Pass our Bulgarian LPI!!!
8) Go to 3 more HUBS in Vratsa
9) Plan a 4th of July celebration!
10) Plan and give a community presentation to the entire TEFL group (gulp)

So...I'm gonna be pretty busy. We're all feeling a bit overwhelmed actually. It seems like so much has been crammed into these last few weeks and we barely have time to breath let alone feel any sense of accomplishment. But that could all change once we've actually successfully finished out stint in PST. Then it all becomes real. Again, what have I gotten myself into?

-Age

4 comments:

  1. Well, things like whistling, honking and stuff are likely to happen in south Europe, I think :) Northerners are more conservative. However, I haven't been around Europe either, but I feel for European men, and I'd like to defend them (I'm one of them tho). I do highly disapprove whistling at girls, although I even have friends who do it (it's really embarrassing). Anyway - the good think about all that is they find you attractive :) It's to be.. loved :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tihomir. You're right, I just gotta change my perspective. Hop on that back of that Vespa and embrace the European way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 on a vespa would be too much for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You AMERICANS are so STUPID and narrow minded.You will never ever understand European lifestyle and you will never ever have the sense of style about everything,as Europeans have.It is useless to even try to understand it (don't even bother.They are completely different planets,Europe and USA).
    Sorry :))))))

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything