Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pictures!

Here's the pictures from the past few weeks that I was too lazy to post last night. Enjoy!


Katelyn and Tom washing their feet in my bathtub

Good morning, Sunshines!

Priscilla and I making friends

The center of Blagoevgrad




We went bowling and Katelyn prefers this vantage point

We all married the bowling alley

works every time

How sweet is that?!

Mary, Tom, and I with our precious 3rd graders, they were so amazing

Tom as Simon Says



We went to Rila Monastery, the largest monastery in Bulgaria







A crowd of awesome people

Chavdar, one of the amazing PC staff members and Ashlei who is just the sweetest girl I think I've ever met


Nikki and I

Vinny and I

I love these things

Tyler and I


Just a taste of my adventures.

The school year is starting soon. Today we had our first teacher's meeting of which I understood very little but I did get a chance to find out my basic schedule. I'll be team-teaching with my counterpart, Reni, 16 hours a week for the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades. I'll teach 3rd grade once a week with a different English teacher and I'll have my own elective course once a week in which I'll be teaching alone (yeah, small taste of freedom!). My counterpart is a hard worker and has many years of experience so I'm very much looking forward to teaching with her. I have a feeling we're going to make a great team. September is going to be a busy month and I have a feeling the chaos will only increase until I fall into a heap during Christmas break. My plan is to visit my friend Tom by the Black Sea for a week or so and go into hibernation.

Once the beginning of the school year has turned into simply the school year I plan to start a girls volleyball team. We have a very nice gym near the school that I could use and volleyball luckily does not require much equipment. I hope to get enough girls that we can scrimmage each other and really create a great team. If I feel that we can handle it, I may try to find other teams in the area and have a tournament. Could be fun!

Nothing else is on the agenda besides enjoying the much cooler whether we've been blessed with this week. For a California girl obsessed with sunshine, I am so glad it's not oppressively hot any longer. I will fully embrace the change of seasons. Fall's my favorite anyway. Fall in Bulgaria. Can't wait!

-Age

1 comment:

  1. the picture of Miss Adrienne is so cute!

    You look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything