Things I've learned during these first few months living in
New York:
·
Our coffee table is very sturdy and as many as 3
girls can dance on it vigorously at any given time
·
It takes 7.5 minutes to walk from my apartment
to the subway
·
You can use the subway to be very sneaky and
avoid all kinds of inclement weather – there are so many passages and tunnels
you never really have to go outside if you don’t want to
·
Of my roommates, I’m the clean one
·
It’s good to carry one dollar bills in every
pair of jeans or each jacket because you will inevitably be asked for money
each time you exit your house
·
Shoes wear out here much faster than pretty much
anywhere else
·
The city really is magical in the fall – Central
Park with all of its leaves and pathways and seasonal drinks in each of the 1 billion
coffee shops. Pure magic
·
It’s hard to live here if you don’t really have
any money…but it’s possible
·
Online dating seems to be the way to go
·
Small, crowded super markets and moms/nannies
with strollers: beware your ankles. Bitches are ruthless
·
People in the financial district can be
described by the following adjectives: shiny, sleek, coiffed, confident, and
demanding
·
Brooklyn is where the bearded men live
·
Harlem is awesome and I now know the definition
of gentrification because I am contributing to it personally (and I don’t
really know what to do about it…)
·
The best bars are the ones where the beer list
is endless and written on the wall in chalk (for easy exchange for different
and fun local brews)
·
I don’t feel very sorry for the well-paid,
downtown workers who, because of hurricane Sandy, have to work in the uptown
offices while their building is being repaired. Though I’ve heard many
complain far more than I’ve heard my minimum-wage co-workers with no electricity or running water complain
·
Graduate school is time-consuming and difficult
but interesting and well worth the effort
·
The Chrysler building is my favorite
·
In NY, I wake up early every day but I’m not
snooty about it - “Only dull people are brilliant in the morning.” – Oscar Wilde
There’s probably a lot more but that’s all I got for now.
There’s probably a lot more but that’s all I got for now.
- -Age
No comments:
Post a Comment
There's always more to say about everything