10 Things I Love About Bulgaria:
10 Weird Habits That Will Be Awkward When I Get Back Home:
- martenitsi
- wild flowers
- teasing my students
- hanging my clothes out on the line on a sunny day
- when my colleagues make each other laugh
- watching my students horo
- hearing my 5th graders insert a random English word into a Bulgarian sentence
- "той беше unfriendly, Мис."
- "Аз съм пич и много confident. На ли, Мис?
- strolling the pazar eating a bag of fresh cherries
- friendly drivers giving me a ride to the next town over
- feeling very confident about using public transportation
10 Weird Habits That Will Be Awkward When I Get Back Home:
- nodding for "no" and shaking for "yes"
- inserting a random Bulgarian word into an English sentence
- "I want a pizza без corn and mayonnaise, please."
- "Hey, стига, that's not funny."
- talking to myself
- putting feta cheese on everything
- treating every bed and couch as though they're made of clouds and goodness
- hugging washing machines and kissing dryers
- insistence on unwavering and intense eye contact during every cheer
- assuming you can take a break from work and chat with me at any point during the day
- complaining about the length of words and lack of acronyms
- suggesting weekend trips that are several hours of travel away
No comments:
Post a Comment
There's always more to say about everything