We'll then all head back to Varna to Hannah's Holiday House to celebrate Christmas with about 15 or so volunteers. We'll be cooking lots of delicious food, opening our secret santa gifts, and having a merry time. Then Tom and a few others will be off to Sofia to catch a flight to Italy. I'll stay with Hannah and Lexi and we'll hang out for a few days in Varna until it's our turn to return to Sofia and catch our flight to Italy. While a big group of volunteers is going to spend New Year's in Rome, Matt, Lexi, Evan, Hannah, and I will be going to Bologna and Florence. I. Can't. Wait. My mom is even mailing me a special New Year's dress that should arrive on Tuesday (hopefully).
I get a couple extra days off of school for this trip and when I get back, it'll be the end of my first semster and the beginning of a very long winter. But I've got big plans for semester #2 so I'm kinda looking forward to the challenge.
Here are some pictures of my first snowfall:
The view from my balcony
Some of my 5th graders having their first snowball fight of the year
View from our English classroom window
-Age
you defiantly need that hat, ears are the first place you'll get frostbite. As a kid we couldn't go outside between December and February without something on our ears and something on our fingers. I don't know if my mom saw Alive too many times as a kids but she was real anal about those things. So now i'm in Bulgaria with 2 hats, 2 pairs of gloves and two scarves.
ReplyDeleteGood idea - definitely buying a hat soon...
ReplyDeletelove this one!
ReplyDelete