Monday, August 30, 2010

Super

So, I've noticed that boys in general tend to have this thing for super powers. It's brought up almost on a daily basis by them and can be tied in to almost any conversation.

Girl: "I'm not looking forward to our train ride, it's gonna take hours to get home."
Boy: "I know, I wish I had the ability to bend space and time and just suddenly appear in our living room."
Girl: "Mm-hmm."

Girl: "Would it kill you to remember to put the toilet seat down? Oh, and no football tonight, Grey's Anatomy's on."
Boy: "Sometimes I wish I could shoot laser beams out of my eyeballs."

Girl: "I'm hungry."
Boy: "If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Girl: "Maybe I'll get a bagel."
Boy: "Like, if you could choose between flying and super strength, which would you choose?"
Girl: "I don't know, flying I guess."
Boy: "Heh, typical."

What's with that? Why the obsession? I get the impression many men believe that super powers actually exist and there are people out there hiding their ability to run at the speed of light or manipulate the weather or leap a tall building in a single bound.

Women, from my experience, don't think about this as often. When asked, "if you could have any super power, what would it be?" I would probably answer, "I'd like to be able to eat a dozen donuts and a tub of ice cream without gaining weight."

-Age

1 comment:

  1. Actually had a conversation like this, but the choice was between flying and being invisible. Of course the girls picked flying and the boy picked being invisible so he could spy on naked girls all the time. Predictable!

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything