Saturday, December 12, 2009

When I Wish Upon a Star...

I asked the kids at my day care what they would wish for if they saw a shooting star. I then had to explain what a shooting star is since the faces in front of me were adorably blank. When I told them that sometimes the stars shoot across the sky one of the little boys shook his head and said, "No, shooting is bad." I then had to rephrase the question entirely to, "what would you wish for if you saw a flying star." More blank stares. Sheesh. This was going to be trickier than I thought. How do these kids not know about wishing on shooting stars? Come on!

I tried again. "Okay, close your eyes. Think about what you want more than anything else. Got it? Alright, open your eyes..."

Lauren - a banana (I was a little worried at this point) ... or a snowman (OK)
Artemis - a walking, talking, moving bear (now we're getting somewhere)
Kamauryon - an apple (Oh, jeeze)
Charlotte - a princess in a pink dress
Mila - a mermaid
Gianni - a shooting star (ummmmm....you know what, they're four)
Alex - black spiderman
Emma - a cat
Steven - a toy (specific)
Zachary - GI Joe Command Center
Weston - Batman (me too)
Jasmine - a unicorn
Rihanna - a princess
Sarah - to have a great dog (love it)
Mark - Indianna Jones (boy after my own heart)

And a little lady who truly understands the meaning of Christmas:
Marissa - I love my mommy and want her to be happy

Merry Christmas!



-Age

5 comments:

  1. Ok.. kids responses are adorable. But that pig kissing child takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love kid responses. They say the darn-est things. But you're right, that is a difficult question to ask that age group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! That picture cracked me up! And you're both right, these kids are so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the kid who wished for the shooting star, that's like wishing for infinite wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable! I wish I had found you before Christmas, because I just love children around Christmas! It absolutely puts you in the spirit! I hope you had happy holidays! :-)

    ReplyDelete

There's always more to say about everything